The Dreams of Isis Website

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Special Pieces - Special Gifts


Creating special pieces and amulet gifts  have consumed most of my spare time, when I am not working at my regular day job.  My custom pieces have been in the form of metal clay work.  I simply love working with the metal clays – bronze and silver.  Molding the clay then firing the dried pieces has been very therapeutic for me - kiln watching allows me to write.  At least 9 custom pieces I have worked with the metal clay in the past couple of months – all Ancient Egyptian symbols.  Then on to weaving them into lovely bracelets, necklaces and one soon to be anklet with magical gemstones. 


The amulet gifts have not only been my way of helping and giving back but selfishly allows me to work with more gemstones.  I personally feel they all have individual personalities and meeting new stones – rocks – crystals is an honor.  It seems lately friends, friends of friends or fellow followers of the Goddess have need of the assistance that comes from Geb (Ancient Egyptian Earth God) so easily, so powerfully and so abundantly. 



Seems most amulet gifts lately are dealing with protection from unsavory people who know just enough energy working to willfully work icky “magic” on others.  Unfortunately they seem to know enough to be dangerous and possess enough hubris to not care about karma.  However some lovely amulets were woven together – made to be attached to a key-ring, belt loop, zipper pull or necklace.  A few were created for a healthy approach to food with an emphasis on staying positive and having good energy.

I have 2 more customer order to finish this weekend and one new order to start.  Sometimes I wish I could do this full time - but seems my creativity lags when I am home all day to just create – with stones or my writing.  A few more amulets to make too.  And a special request to turn a set of meditation beads into a bracelet that can be worn when it can't be carried in a pocket.  

No comments:

Post a Comment