The Dreams of Isis Website

Monday, November 14, 2011

Ancient Egyptian - The Eye of Horus

The Eye of Horus, inspired by ancient Egyptian jewelry I have seen in museums (behind glass to my dismay).  I must say after learning to work with metal clay and some wonderful pointers from a fellow AF guild member (Kelly) I really enjoy this medium.  The sky is the limit for creations.  While being a lover of Ancient Egypt and especially Egyptian jewelry my mind reels at the possibilities for amulets, cartouches, and tiny statuary, I can see how pagan along with Wiccan spiritual symbols can so easily be created.  Not to mention any other spiritual themed design  be it Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Buddist.  This is only the tip of the iceberg, anything your imagination captures a hold of this metal clay can create – just like playing with clay as a kid (almost).  I am looking forward to creating Ankh rings, Lotus bracelets, tiny Egyptian Scarabs earrings and of course more pieces with the Eye of Horus  - my personal fav and current obsession, never straying far from my beloved Egyptian jewelry. 


1 comment:

  1. really i like you blog so much exactly not your blog only i like any blog speaks about egypt and i have blog too about Ancient Egypt and any thing related about that for exanple ancient egypt clothing,ancient egypt facts,ancient egypt for kids,ancient egypt history,ancient egypt map,ancient egypt mummies,Ancient Egypt Pyramids ,ancient egypt religion,ancient egypt timeline,ancient egyptian art,ancient egyptian culture,ancient egyptian gods,ancient egyptian hieroglyphics,ancient egyptian jewelry , ancient egyptian namesthanks a lot so much ,,,

    ReplyDelete